585 Rideau Squadron continues to be a successful unit because of the leadership of its Cadet Instructor Cadre (CIC) Officers, Civilian Instructors, cadets, and volunteers. There are many ways you can help:
- Become a general volunteer
- Become a member of the Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC)
- Become a Civilian Instructor (CI)
- Be active in your cadet’s involvement
If you are interested in participating, please contact the SSC Chair for more information.
The Squadron often needs help with driving on weekend activities and to help with training night activities and special fundraising events.
All parents are welcome to become SSC members. If you have skills such as fundraising, accounting, and public relations you could be very useful to the SSC.
If you have special skills, such as first aid, photography, and flying, you could become a CI.
Active parent or guardian involvement
- Show an interest in your cadet’s success and training.
- Ensure that you contact the Squadron if your cadet is going to be absent from training.
- Help your cadet organize their after-school time.
- Remind your cadet to wash, dry, press their uniform, shine boots, and keep a tidy appearance. See the links under Resources.
- Deal with any uniform issues.
- Know the Squadron’s training calendar.
- Avoid conflicts with Squadron activities.
- Transport your cadet to and from the training and special activities.
- Encourage your cadet to participate in optional activities and Squadron teams.